Operating a forklift is classed as a “high risk” operation and requires a Licence to Perform High Risk Work from SafeWork SA.
But… to gain a licence your staff must undertake the approved training and be assessed by an accredited Assessor.
Ensuring everyone who operates a forklift in your workplace is licenced is vital to providing a safe work environment and avoiding potential costly fines!
Enrol your staff in the MTA Forklift training today.
Held over three days in SA, this course will instruct the operator in how to plan forklift work, conduct routine checks on a forklift, shift loads in a safe manner, and shut down and secure equipment after completion of operations.
As an accredited course you will also receive a Statement of Attainment for 'TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck' along with the safe work requirements.
Upon completion the participant is eligible to apply for a forklift licence through SafeWork SA at their own cost.
All candidates that participate in this course need to demonstrate competency in:
- Legislation requirements under the current Act and regulations
- Forklift truck-types
- Basic maintenance and checks
- Operation of Forklift truck-steering, parking, approaching and lifting
- Operation tasks-stacking/unstacking, manoeuvring, loading/unloading and transportation
- Material handling-packaging, pallets, drums, attachments and hazardous substances
- The environment-floor stability, obstacles, pedestrians, confined spaces and slopes
Participants must be at least 18 years of age
$440 MTA members | $525 Non-members
See events calendar for upcoming training
Course comprising 50% theory and 50% practical activities with written and skills assessments.
MTA Training & Employment Centre, 3 Frederick Road, Royal Park SA 5014
Phone 8241 0522
Register online for Upskilling Training here
To print our flyer and course application click here.