What does an MTA Australian School-Based Apprenticeship involve?
An MTA School-Based Apprenticeship is a combination of:
- paid employment with a business/host employer in the automotive industry
- vocational training at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- core SACE secondary subjects at school.
What are the benefits of starting a School-Based Apprenticeship?
- Earn while you learn
- Start your apprenticeship early
- Turn your passion into a career
- Get hands-on experience whilst finishing school
- Work towards completing a nationally-recognised trade qualification.
What are the benefits of obtaining a school-based apprenticeship with the MTA?
- We find you a host employer through our industry contacts
- Your uniform (work clothes) and PPE is provided by us
- Regular visits from your dedicated field officer to provide ongoing support throughout your training and in your workplace
- Access to qualified and experienced mentors to provide access to social and support services
- First-class training at our industry-led facility.
Not quite sure if it’s for you?
The MTA also offers work experience through our industry partners across metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia in a variety of trades, including:
- mechanical (across light vehicle, heavy vehicle, agricultural, mobile plant, motorcycles, marine and more)
- vehicle painting
- body repair
- auto parts interpreting.