AUR32416 Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
Refinishing technicians (vehicle painters) prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply primer and finishing coats of paint.
- Colour matching and mixing paints to match paint shades or select pre-mixed paint
- Applying primer and finishing coats using spray guns and rub down surfaces between coats
- Painting signs or artwork on vehicles
- Treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
- Remove rough spots on vehicle panels
- Sanding surfaces by hand or with power sanders
- Covering areas not to be painted with masking tape and paper
- Removing masking papers, waxes and polish finishing paintwork
- Touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
As South Australia's only dedicated automotive industry training provider, the MTA gives you the skills, training and industry access to prepare you for your automotive career.
There are two ways you can complete your qualification with the MTA:
- Become employed by us and we'll find you a host business for you to work for
- Gain an apprenticeship on your own and do your training at South Australia's most progressive automotive training facility
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
- On the job training is delivered at your Host Employer
- Off the job training is undertaken at MTA Group Training Scheme Inc's Registered Training Organisation at Royal Park
Literacy and Numeracy Assessment:
Literacy and numeracy assessment forms part of the upfront assessment of need process to ensure individuals have the minimum levels required by DIS to access the vocational course of their choice or to demonstrate an individual is below minimum levels and therefore requires access to a foundation skills course or foundation skills bridging units.
Individuals seeking access to a Certificate II or III subsidised training place or Jobs First Employment Project must demonstrate they are at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Exit Level 2 in reading and numeracy.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for this qualification. If you feel you have the necessary trade skills and knowledge to gain this qualification, or any part thereof, click here.
MTA Training & Employment Centre, 3 Frederick Road, Royal Park SA 5014
- Four years (a competency based training approach allows for possible earlier completion)
- Crash repair shops
- New car dealerships