The automotive industry is currently experiencing rapid change including the increasing uptake of battery electric and hybrid electric vehicles.
And… as this technology only becomes more prominent, your workshop will need mechanics with the specialised skills to meet the service demands of the community.
Preparing your mechanics for this rapid change is critical to the future of your business!
Take the FIRST STEPS today towards preparing your business to meet the demands of the changing automotive industry.
Held over two-nights in SA, this introductory course equips industry professionals with the introductory skills to depower and reinitialise HEV and BEV systems including a working competency of safe work practices, vehicle specific requirements, policies and procedures and more.
This short course is a must for businesses and staff wanting to upskill by gaining an introduction to the HEV/BEV technology and take advantage of working in this expanding market.
- AURETH001 Depower and reinitialise battery electric vehicles
- AURETH011 Depower and reinitialise hybrid electric vehicles
Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment.
All candidates that participate in this course need to demonstrate competency in:
- Safe work practices
- Electrical safety relevant to HEV and BEV
- General principles of operation of HV and LV electrical systems relevant to BEVs
- Applicable Commonwealth, state or territory legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice relevant to working on BEVs
- Components of LV and HV HEVs and their functions
- Principles of electricity, including AC and DC
- Vehicle-specific electrical requirements
- Workplace policies and procedures, including quality, recording and reporting procedures relating to deactivating and reinitialising HEV power supplies in the automotive workplace
$255 MTA members | $305 Non-members
5.00pm - 9.00pm
See events calendar for upcoming training
Course comprising 50% theory and 50% practical activities with written and skills assessments
MTA Training & Employment Centre, 3 Frederick Road, Royal Park SA 5014
Phone 8241 0522
Register online for Upskilling Training here
To print our flyer and course application click here.