ReturnToWorkSA is working to improve its premium process and is requesting feedback on changes it plans to make.
A summary of proposed changes include:
- Employers will no longer need to provide estimated remuneration for their business for the upcoming year. Instead, actual remuneration for the previous year will be used to calculate premiums for the upcoming year. This means that the amount of remuneration information you need to provide will be halved.
- An extension of the time frame to provide remuneration information, from the current three to four weeks, to approximately 10 weeks (early July to mid-September).
- As a consequence of eliminating estimated remuneration, there will be no end of year adjustments to the premium paid (unless exceptional circumstances apply).
- Employers will be able to choose whether to make one annual payment or pay in instalments. Due to the extension of time to provide remuneration information (point 2), there will be nine payment instalments instead of 10.
- Updating of online services and as a result, passwords will not be reset each year, or posted out. Employers will be required to register online once only as part of the transition to the new system. Further information about this will be provided in early 2019.
You are encouraged to provide feedback to ReturnToWorkSA by clicking here.
Feedback is required by 5pm, 16 November.
ReturnToWorkSA is also holding information sessions to explain the changes at 400 King William Street, Adelaide at the following times:
7 November 2:00pm to 3:00pm or 4:30pm to 5:30pm
8 November 9:00am to 10:00pmCall ReturnToWorkSA on 13 18 15 for more information in regards to these sessions.