The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) has released an updated Fair Work Information Statement.
The Fair Work Information Statement (FWIS) provides new and existing employees with information about their conditions of employment. Employers are required to give every new employee a copy of the FWIS before, or as soon as possible after, they commence their new job.
The new version of the Fair Work Information Statement can be downloaded from the Fair Work Ombudsman’s website by clicking here.
All businesses should be accessing the new Statement and circulating it to new staff. Please ensure that your existing staff have also received the FWIS.
The Statement has information on:
- The National Employment Standards
- Right to request flexible working arrangements
- Modern awards
- Making agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- Individual flexibility arrangements
- Freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- Termination of employment
- Right of entry
- The role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission
If you have any questions in relation to new employees or the Statement, please contact the MTA's Workplace Relations team by clicking here.