Changes to the Chain of Responsibility (CoR) laws were implemented on 1 October 2018.
Do the changes to Chain of Responsibility affect me?
- Consign goods;
- Pack goods;
- Load goods;
- Receive goods;
- Repair, lease or sell heavy vehicles; or,
- Are corporate entities, Directors, Partners and Managers;
as part of your business, you could be held legally liable for breaches of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) even though you have no direct role in driving or operating a heavy vehicle.
- corporate entities,
- partners and
are accountable for the actions of people under their control.
Contact us now on
What you need to do to remain or achieve compliance:
- Any business in the CoR needs to keep and maintain management systems
- Up to date staff training, including Executive's training in their primary safety duties
- Conduct regular risk assessments
How to ensure compliance.
To ensure industry compliance and to support members and the wider community, the MTA SA/NT has created:
- A CoR package which contains all the tools necessary for compliance
- New training specific to ensuring executives and employees have received the necessary training for compliance with their CoR obligations.
MTA SA/NT helping you remain compliant
HVNL/CoR Management System:
$295 MTA members | $599 Non-members
$220 MTA members | $330 Non-members
$1999 per class (maximum 20 per class) for Members
$3999 per class (maximum 20 per class) for Non-members
Theory and practical applications.
On demand, or
No printing required. Register in three easy steps:
- Simply download this registration form and save to your computer
- Open the form from your computer, complete the form and save.
- Click the submit form button on the form to email the complete form to firstname.lastname@example.org